Monday, June 29, 2009

They say it's LEGAL.

Yesterday, June 29, 2009, I celebrated my 18th birthday. My day was full of emotions. I was happy and starting to feel the butterflies in tummy because in less than five days, I will be celebrating my 18th with my relatives and closest friends, I was conscious about the changes in my life because I am now finally legal and the most funny part is, I still don’t want to accept the fact that I am NOW 18 years old. I even asked my mom what was the exact time when I was born, and up to that last minute, I started to accept that I am now really 18!

My special day started at exactly 12 midnight. Two of my closest friends made an effort to call and greet me. I was touched and very happy that they started my day. After the two phone calls, many text messages came and my computer screen was filled with many YM windows. On the contrary, my mom was still awake and she waited until 12 midnight to greet me BUT when she went down from her room she saw her favorite actor, John Lloyd Cruz in TV. I was watching the awards night at ABS-CBN and the main award, Box Office King & Queen, was the part that she saw. I already had two callers and got many greetings from different people, my mom was STILL watching her favorite actor. I was laughing and teasing her, “Ma, ang dami ng bumati sa’kin, 12:00am na, hindi mo pa ko nababati. Inuna mo pa si John Lloyd.” She just laughed at me and finally, she greeted me and kissed me. Haha. After her greeting, she went back to her room and slept with my dad and sisters. I continued surfing the net, checking my mails and doing some stuffs for my debut until 4am. I also slept in my parents’ room that night.

I was having a hard time sleeping, maybe because I am excited? Or maybe because my cellphone didn’t stop beeping until the battery was empty. I fell asleep at around 4:30. After few hours, I heard my mom waking my two sisters for them to prepare for school. UGH! Too early yet it was too noisy. I was having the time to find my sleep again when my dad poured me water to wake me up. When I opened my eyes, they were all in front of me, singing happy birthday and holding a cake with candles. I was touched. They kissed me happy birthday and I kissed back with thank you.

When my two sisters left the house for school, never ending text messages were still coming. Then lunch time came. We ate at Palaisdaan then went back home to finish some stuffs. While doing those things, one of my friends texted me telling that he will drop by to get the invitations. I was not expecting anything from him but he gave me something. When he left, my tita, lolas and my mom were all excited and curious about his gift. When I opened it, I smiled. I liked it very much. It was a bouquet of lollipops. It was my first time to receive a bouquet and lollipop is my simple joy. So he hit two birds in one stone. My parents prepared a simple dinner to celebrate the exact day of my 18th birthday. So, together with my lolo and lolas, we ate dinner here at home.

I thought my day will be just an ordinary day. Yes, I am expecting something that I didn’t got BUT celebrating this special day with special people made me realize how blessed I am. It felt like it beaten my expectations for this day. I was blessed with people who really care and love me the way I am, the people who are always there in good or bad times, my source of strength, my supporters, my prayer warriors. This day, is a simple but a very special day for me that I will sure treasure to the ends of the earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment